Truck Loans & Lease Barrie, Ontario
If you are looking to get into the Barrie trucking industry, perhaps as a growth plan for your business our experts can share our professional assessment of the industry with you, as we discuss your truck renting or leasing options.
Unbiased Trucking Industry Information
With decades of experience in the trucking industry across North America, Truck Loan Centre is uniquely positioned to offer an unbiased assessment of industry trends, opportunities and threats in the different areas where we operate.
While you can always seek other sources of financing for your trucking business, your relationship with TLC goes beyond the finances. We want your business to succeed and expand. We know that the longer you are in the business, the better our working relationship will be.
As such, when you visit our offices in Barrie to discuss your financing options for a truck, our experts will share our industry insight with you, just to expand your vision. With offices across the continent, we wouldn’t choose to position ourselves where we don’t see growth opportunities.
So, whether you are expanding your fleet in Barrie, or you’re testing the industry with plans to scale here, we can discuss your truck leasing options.
Leasing a Truck as an Owner-Operator
After working as a driver in the trucking industry, you may opt to start your own business as an owner-operator, choosing the kinds of jobs you want to do. Congratulations! This is a brave move.
The next step is to get a truck. Although buying an old truck may seem like a smart move, the kinds of heavy loads and long-distance trips associated with the industry tend to wear down trucks fast. You may find yourself wasting a lot of time and money on repairs, causing your profits to dwindle.
Working with the best carrier in Barrie can mean the difference between success and profits and losses and frustration. As an owner-operator, there a number of qualifications that you should satisfy, including:
- Having a valid driver’s license with the right class requirements – a commercial driver’s license (CDL) of the appropriate class for the type of vehicle you want to operate,
- Physical and mental capability of safe vehicle operation – you will need to undergo a qualified Department of Transportation (DOT) physical to obtain a DOT card certifying that you have been medically cleared for the rigorous demands of a commercial driving job by a Certified Medical Examiner,
- Having an appropriate amount of experience – Someone who has driven for a few years, and experienced a range of conditions, is better prepared for the common challenges in trucking. Some of the things considered include the miles driven, equipment operated, history of stable employment, and transferable work experience, among others,
- Having a clean driving record going back 10 years.
Loaning or Leasing Transport Trucks in Barrie
At GTA Financial Ltd., we try to make the truck leasing process as smooth as possible. We are known for our:
- Highly competitive rates, tailored to your needs
- Transparent process
- Quick application process with fast turnaround
- Fast closing
If you are not sure about the requirements of leasing a truck, or whether your financial situation qualifies you for a truck loan, please contact our Barrie office. Our professional customer service staff will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.